November 5th, 2012 at 6:30 p.m.
Native New Yorker
- Motion to start the meeting.
- October Meeting Minutes & Financials approved
- Go line by line for Financials
- October Meeting Minutes
- Business Agenda:
- Any Parent Feedback?
- Sarah Young- Share Facebook and Website updates
- Banquet Updates:
i. Sign the Thank you Cards
iii. Gift for Coaches and Seniors given this night
iv. Other business matter to discuss and vote on.
- Senior Night:
i. Thank you to Julie Erickson, Theresa Blancas, Teri Smithers, Sarah Meraz, Angel Elam, Sarah Young, Kristine Steinmetz, and the rest of the moms that helped make this night special to the senior moms.
ii. Any suggestions for next year?
- Highlight Night
i. Tuesday, November 13th from 6-9pm
- Parent helpers: Set up @ 5:30PM
- JV: 6-7pm
- Freshman: 7-8pm
- Varsity: 8-9pm
ii. Any photos to make a pre-highlight night slide show:
- Freshman: Michelle Masters
- JV: Angel Elam
- Varsity: Tasha Campa
iii. Cakes from Dairy Queen-
- Patty Padia secured 6-8 cakes. Please let DQ know the date.
- Need silverware, cups, napkins, plates, Thank you to Susan Ortiz for donating K-cup coffee.
iv. Forms for Highlight Tapes to order
- Carnival Updates:
i. General updates as financials will be calculated for the December Meeting
ii. Would we do this again? If so, what is the plan?
- New officers- nominations and voting
i. President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary
ii. Freshman, JV, and Varsity Parent Liaisons
iii. Commitee heads: Golf Tournament, Program, Meals- Commitee head within each team, Spirit Boutique-ordering/scheduling, Concessions-ordering, Concessions/parent scheduling, Vendors, Fundraisers. These do not have to be voted in before the end of the year but should be decided upon within the first few months of the year.
iv. December Executive Session will be where the old board and new board will discuss items and answer questions.
- Share the Master Calendar of how the next year will look like.
- Questions? Any other meeting items?
2) Review the action items discussed today.
3) Set the next meetings date/time.
4) Close the Meeting.
We appreciate you providing the pregame meal to our Varsity team this week.
We appreciate you providing the pregame meal to our Freshman team this week.
Are you interested in a New Dobson Bling T-shirt? Well you are in luck! Bling shirts made on site at Dobson.
(any personalization may need to be brought into the store- located @ San Tan Mall)
Luv My Bling will be here on Thursday 9/20 & Friday 9/21 @ both Freshman & Varsity home games.
Check out the newest designs that have been custom made for Dobson. A portion of the sales come back to the football program.
How much should you expect to pay?
*If you purchase Luv My Bling t-shirts, they cost $12.99
*If you use your own t-shirt, there is a $5 fee
*Most Bling designs start at $17+
*If you want to add names on the back, there is a fee per character depending on size and amount of bling
*Want a Number? 6×3 size would be $5 per number, 1 1/2′ & 2′ numbers are $2 each.
The Dobson Football Booster Club is hosting it’s 1st Carnival on November 1-4th.
In order to prepare for this large event, we are in need of many parents to help in many areas. This is a great way to network with many parents within all team levels as well as a great fundraiser to help support the football program.
How can you help?
We will be having a Carnival planning meeting on Monday, September 17th @ 6:30pm at Native New Yorker on Guadalupe & Dobson. We will be in the back room. Let the hostess know you are with the Dobson boosters group.
The Agenda for the meeting is below. Please bring any ideas and suggestions you have and where you plan to help out.
We look forward to seeing everyone there.
Dobson Football Booster Club
Carnival Meeting Agenda
Dobson Football Booster Club
September 17th, 2012 at 6:30 p.m.
Native New Yorker
o Angel will draft letter and get copies printed
o Need two-three people to distribute
Craft Vendor Letter
o Angel will draft letter and email to vendor once pmt. has been received.
Contract – review contract
o What duties will booster member need to be involved with, if any
o How many tickets need to be sold
o Financial ramifications, if any
o Need to be distributed
o Feeder school letter to be sent home, copies need to be made…
o Who are our liaisons at the feeder schools?
o Spirit Boutique
o Dobson Ranch Roundup
o St. Timothy’s
o Marquis – Kelly Berg
o Mps newsletter
o Sell tickets at lunch in cafeteria courtyard
o Dobson newsletter
o Chic Fil A (except Sunday)
o Jimmy and Joe’s Pizza
o Hot Dog Cart by MVP Hot Dogs
o Swirl It
o Jamba Juice
Need signup sheet for volunteers
o Clear Channel has already said no
o Need to find a station to broadcast or maybe a DJ????
Ag Petting Zoo
o Confirm with AG about the petting zoo
o Angel has some hand sanitizer to donate, but we’ll need more
o Do other groups want to come in for fundraisers?
o Bring to vote at Oct. 1st meeting to let them in…
o Martin Reyes?? Saturday Only-Coach Dunk
Lil’ Mustang Corral
o Face painting
o Balloon Animals
o Other ideas???
o Need volunteers
o Need signup sheet – 2 hr. shifts??
o Concession stand will be point of contact for all vendors to speak with boosters
o Firm up plans with Cruz, Perkins, and Koch, are all these plans within any limitations
they know of or have?
o Lighting – Cost? Donna…
Irrigation Schedule – Kevin Fleming – Groundskeeping – Cutter????
Dobson Football Association (aka. the Booster Club) is currently seeking Freshmen and JV parents to help feed the boys on game days and work the concession stands or boutique on game nights. Just come visit to see how it works; you will want to keep coming back. All you need to do is be on campus BEFORE 3:00. Or, you may want to pick up the meal by 2:30 to start serving by 3:00. Contact Crystal Hughes (9th) or Jenn Free (JV) for more details.
THE MUSTANG WAY OF PRACTICE
Never underestimate your opponent.
Work on your weaknesses until they
become your strong points.
Remember that a great effort is
usually the result of a great attitude.
Dedicate yourself to a might purpose.
Win with humility, lose with grace.
Ignore those who discourage you.
Work to improve your moral and spiritual strengths
as well your physical ones. Your maturing depends on all three.
Remember that how you conduct yourself off the field,
is just as important as how you conduct yourself on the field.
Talent is God-given, be humble.
Fame is man-given, be thankful.
Conceit is self-given, be careful.
Don’t ask to be deprived of tension and discipline;
These are tools that shape success.
Do what has to be done,
When it has to be done,
and as well as it can be done.
Remember that when you’re
not working to improve, your
Always give your best.
Practice like a champion.
Play like a champion.
Live like a champion.
DOBSON HIGH SCHOOL
FOOTBALL PROGRAM COMMITMENT POLICY
- NEVER, NEVER, NEVER MISS PRACTICE. Be at practice even if injured and help out the coach. Academic issues must be arranged with teachers before school or at lunch. Must practice during fall break. Never be late for practice.
- Manage your primal instinct of being an individual or entitled. Dress for practice and games the same as your teammates.
- Must be academically eligible for the entire season.
- Must not have behavior problems in any class. 3 strikes, you’re out. Being late for class without a pass deserves extra work at practice. (cause and effect)
- Absolutely, no bullying, hazing, alcohol and drugs. Zero tolerance on or off campus. Cursing will be handled with motivation work drills.
- Represent yourself, your family, school, and team. Those who earn respect, deserve it.
______________ _________ ______
Student Name Signature Date
______________ _________ ______
Parents Name Signature Date
DOBSON MUSTANG FOOTBALL
Schools, families, and student benefit when they all take collective responsibility for the quality of their experiences. By signing this contract, you are accepting the commitment and the responsibility of being in partnership in our school community and the football program. The following are agreed-upon roles and responsibilities that we as partners will carry out to support student/player success. ATHLETICS ARE PRIVILEDGES, NOT A RIGHT.
AS A STUDENT ATHLETE, I ___________________________, WILL:
- Come to all classes early, prepared and ready to learn, and assignments completed.
- Follow the class, school, and football program rules. Including program dress code.
- Respect my school, classmates, staff, and family.
- Hold myself to higher standards and expectations than other students.
- Balance my time so that I do schoolwork, play football, and meet family obligations.
- Communicate with teachers and coaches before missing class or practice. Call ___________
- Participate in off season training and condition. NEVER MISS PRACTICE.
- Be financially responsible for any equipment in use and issued.
Signature ______________________________________________ Date ___________________
AS A PARENT/GUARDIAN OR FAMILY MEMBER I WILL:
- Monitor and talk to my child about his/her progress in school in his academics and behavior.
- Make sure that my child attends school every day, on time (early), with assignments completed.
- Support the school and football program code of conduct. Dress code, profanity, character issues.
- Communicate regularly with staff in a timely manner as to promote healthy relations.
- Model behavior and communication skills that ensure a high degree of employ ability. Such as problem solving, promptness, maturity under stress, quality work, etc.
- Model sportsmanship during competition.
- Resist the urge to micromanage the day to day operations of teaching and coaching your child. Nothing is stronger than the unconditional love that a parent has for his child. That’s why it takes a whole community.
- Discourage job employment by child, especially during the season.
- Ensure that your child gets adequate sleep, proper nutrition, and reliable transportation.
- Be financially responsible along with your child and his
- Make an honest attempt to attend school events and assist in with booster club membership and activities. Get to know other parents in the program.
Signature _____________________________________________ Date _____________________
AS A TEACHER/COACH
- Model the same ethics that I hold students/players responsible.
- Communicate high expectations for every student everyday.
- Establish and enforce a progressive system for change that is meaningful to student/player.
- Communicate with all stakeholders in a professional, regular, and timely manner.
- Challenge each student/player in regards to personal interest within the focus of the TEAM. I will encourage the student/player to surrender some individualism in the service to others.
Signature ___________________________________________ Date _______________________